Oddball - January FB challenge midway post

Wow already the time to share with you my midway post of January for Oddball!  It seems like time is flying by so very fast.

For this post I decided to finally get around to doing the 1st prompt of the year that Journal 52 gave which was Word for 2016!

My word for the year is Acceptance.  And by that I mean accepting myself as I am and stop feeling guilty or that I'm not good enough!  I need to convince myself this year that I am worthy and that I am enough!!!

This doesn't mean that I won't work hard on a bunch of my issues (for example patience which is lacking... lol) but it means that I really need to also accept myself like I would any of my friends.  I tend to want too much of myself and that is not good and it ends up in a bad spiral.

I used the great image 171 to make this because I wanted this little girl to look chocked that this was my word :)

The background for those 2 pages was done at a class that I took using the silks paint.  I did a bunch of writing on this using my Winsor & Newton watercolor marker as well as my posca pens.  I used some distress pistachio ink for the edge of the sentiment.

Here's a closer look at the digi that I colored using my copics.  The sentiments come from Create with TLC as well as from Ginger's House.
Yeah.... she looks like me when I realized the task that I had given myself through this year lol :)

I'm entering this little journaling in the following challenges:

  1. Open-minded crafting fun - Something new - well my new thing is working on Acceptance!  That's my new word of the year.  And I used for the 1st time my Windsor and Newton pen.
  2. Creative moments - Anything goes/something new - well both apply see the explanation above
  3. Inspiration destination challenge blog - Anything goes
  4. Wordart wednesday - Anything goes
  5. Everybody-art-challenge - Text is the motive - even if I have an image the text is the biggest thing on this layout.  It's the entire purpose of this journaling.
That's it for me for today.  Have a fabulous day!!!  There's another post coming up.

Hugs

Comments

  1. Wunderschön gemacht
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I was blown away to read your message above and you accepting yourself. Good on you. May 2016 be a special year for you. I love all the work you have put into your project here and the digital is just fabulous. I think it looks a bit like me too (lol).
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at Open-Minded Crafting Fun challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    Annette DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning two pages .awesome back ground and lovely colouring of image . Thank you for sharing with us at Open -Minded crafting Fun challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a FANTASTIC way to enter the Open-Minded Challenge! And I'm so glad you did. Acceptance is perfect.. I would have to say that is what I am working on too.. and not being so hard on myself! Accepting who I am and not being so darn hard on myself when things don't happen as fast or exactly how I would like them too. And I'm always here to support you if you ever need anything!! And your project is GORGEOUS!! I love it!! so fun to see all your new items that you are working on! You ROCK Vicky!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    {Sentimental Susan - Etsy}
    {Sentimental Susan - Zibbet}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey VIcky! Love seeing your journal pages!! Thanks for joining us at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenges! Hope you come join us again!!

    lovies, =o) kel
    Open-Minded DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

400 followers giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10